Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Saturday and Sunday my family and I went to the Grand Canyon. It was so beautiful and having a lot of family there made it so much fun. We got there on Saturday afternoon and enjoyed the majesty of the canyon pretty much all day. We then checked into our hotel room at the Super 8 in Williams AZ. Some people went swimming and I really wanted to go but I forgot to bring a swimming suite so my mom and I decided to try and find one in town. Williams is a very small town just off route 66. There are practically no stores for that sort of thing. We found a Family Dollar and a ended up buying some shorts and underwear to swim with. We got back to the hotel and I changed into my make shift swim suite and headed out to the pool. No sooner had I left the hotel room everyone came up the stairs and said, "its time for dinner, oh and the pool closes in one hour" so I had no use for my swim suite haha. We went to dinner at Doc Holiday's stake house the food was so good! We had live entertainment and everything! So halfway through dinner there is a huge crash, my uncle Dave had knocked over Sean's glass of Sprite and it spilled all over the floor. The poor busboy had to mop it up it was very funny.
The next day we all toured the town of Williams. They had shops and really cool Route 66 momentos. We took tons of pictures it was cool to see all the old stuff. After walking around a little bit we got into the car and headed back home.

No comments: